First of all, pay attention to the type of gadget. Classic-type devices are attached to one ear and are characterized by sound transmitted in mono mode. These products will prove to be most suitable for people who, due to their lifestyle or professional activities, need to be in touch all the time. These headsets have compact dimensions and low weight, but it is unlikely that you will be able to listen to music comfortably through them. All controls are located directly on the case.
Stereo headsets are suitable for everyone – they are distinguished by two-channel sounds of good quality, and they do an excellent job with calls. When buying, be sure to look at the version with which the gadget works. Do not purchase products with a Bluetooth module older than 3rd generation. These products will transmit sound well, as well as save battery power.
For sharing the parameters, we took into account all the important parameters, as well as a number of other factors. These include the value for money tips, as well as consider user reviews. We tried to collect the maximum amount of information so that each reader can choose a device that would fully meet his needs.
Types of headsets
To choose a Bluetooth headset, you need to take into account a number of parameters, but the first criterion is the type of device.
- A mono headset is a model that is small in size and is inserted into one ear. It is lightweight and has simple controls (usually on the body). If the device is bought exclusively for negotiations, then a mono headset will be the best option.
- Gaming mono headset. It differs in that here the earphone is not plug-in, but an overhead or full-size one. For ease of landing, a stop is provided on the backside. Most often, these models are equipped with noise-canceling microphones. Good for long-term use and connection to PC or laptops, such as Skype to chat with colleagues or games to talk with teammates.
- Stereo headset. These are ordinary models with microphones that are suitable for any purpose – music, movies, or communication. Convenient for use with any technique.
There are several parameters that you should pay attention to before buying. The consultant in the store does not always understand this issue, so it is easier to study the information on your own.
The Bluetooth headset connects to the phone using Bluetooth technology. The version can be from 2.0 to 5.0. Let’s analyze this option in more detail:
- Version 2.0 is already very outdated and is used exclusively in cheap models. The main disadvantage is the transfer rate of only 2.1 Mbps;
- Version 2.1 – added NFC technology;
- Version 3.0 – the data transfer speed has increased by 11 times. This figure has become up to 24 Mbps. Minus – increased energy consumption;
- Version 4.0-4.2 – the speed remained the same, and the power consumption was reduced. High-quality sound;
- Version 5.0 – the radius of work is significantly increased, and the transmission speed has become 2 times higher. Occurs only on new devices.
Working time is another important parameter that you should definitely pay attention to before buying. This characteristic can be found on the manufacturer’s website or directly on the box.
The operating time is indicated as two digits. The first of which means how long the over ear wireless headphones will work in talk mode, and the second – is standby mode. This setting depends on the capacity of the battery.
In talk mode, budget models can work for only 4 hours, which is very little. In this case, you will often have to charge the accessory. The optimal talk time is 24 hours.
Another important characteristic when choosing is the range of work. Often you need to leave the phone on the table and move around the room. It can be both an office and an apartment. The characteristics of the device indicate how far you can move away from the connected phone. But it must be borne in mind that this figure is indicated without taking into account interference – walls, furniture, and so on.
This feature allows you to quickly connect your device to your phone. When you are close, the connection is automatic. This greatly reduces the time.
Size and weight
The first models, which were released in 2000, were of significant weight and large size. It was not very convenient to use such a device. Modern technologies have made it possible to make these characteristics optimal for humans. The minimum weight of one earphone is 4 grams.
- One of the main additional features is noise reduction. Thanks to this function, the interlocutor will hear the person much more clearly. Extraneous noise is not heard.
- Call Hold – You can accept or reject a call on the second line.
- External music control. You do not need to use your phone to switch the next track of music.
- Multipoint. Thanks to this feature, you can use the headset on multiple devices.
- Vibrating alert. Needed to hear the call if the headset is in the bag.
- Mute the microphone if necessary.
- Redial last call. If your hands are busy, then this function is very convenient.
- Voice dialing makes it easy to dial from contacts.
- The presence of moisture protection. With an active lifestyle, users prefer devices with this function. So the headset is protected from sweat, rain, snow, and water.
- When buying, pay attention to the connector for charging the device and whether there is a cable in the kit. It will be more convenient if it is the same as on the phone.