The scope for UI/UX Designers is growing by leaps and bounds. Following are the points to illustrate the same:
- There were over 5 billion internet users worldwide, as of April 2022
- By 3rd quarter of 2022, the Android users could explore 3.55 million apps on Google Play app store, while IOS users could enjoy approximately 1.6 million apps on Apple app store
- By 2026, it is anticipated that number of mobile 5G subscription on a worldwide level will rise to 5 billion.
- Indian gaming market, by 2027, is expected to jump to $8.6 billion from $2.6 billion in 2022, rising at a CAGR of 27%.
- In FY22, India is the world’s largest consumer of mobile games with 15 billion downloads.
- Everyday internet users spend on an average 6 hours and 43 minutes at a global level.
- As of Sept, 2022, over 1.98 billion websites are there in the world.
Such an exciting scope means immense prospects for UI/UX designers. But before getting into the details, lets understand what does UI and UX Design entail?
User Interface Design (UI Design) is involved with the graphical layout, visual styling, appearance & aesthetics of a website or a video game or an app. It is concerned with designing of each page, individual screen, buttons users click on, its arrangement, icons, transitions, interface animations, typography, colour schemes & any other micro interactions etc. These design choices facilitate in end user intuitively identifying the buttons that need to be clicked or swiped or tapped for “call to action”.
Furthermore, UI Design is responsible for user’s navigation through the product which can be in the form of Voice-Controlled Interface or Gesture Based Interface or Graphical User Interface, thereby making sure that the end user has a convenient & incomparable experience. This will convert them into your brand evangelist who will communicate the brand strengths to others.
User Experience (UX) Designer research & analyze the targeted end user to gain insights about their tastes, preferences, perspective & needs besides evaluating the market trends & competition etc. and accordingly design a user experience that is logical, efficient, & pleasant. He coordinates with varied stakeholders and is responsible for developing structure Information architecture, wire-framing, prototypes and testing, thereby ensuring a positive user experience, thus building a positive brand perception.
Career Prospects post Masters in UI/UX Design:
While there are number of available opportunities, we are listing just few of them as follows:
- User Researcher: He is responsible for getting the insights into the lives of end customers, evaluating their needs, their mindset, their likes, the offerings by the competition as well as the market scenario etc. through research. This facilitates in efficient designing of the product.
- Conduct surveys, user interviews and various relevant study
- Analyse competition as well as the market
- Define user journey
- Organise usability tests
- Visual/Graphic Designer: He is responsible for transforming wireframe into attractive engaging designs basis the understanding gained from UX research, brand language & personality and user experience principles
- Develop mood boards
- Craft designs keeping mood boards in mind
- Develop sublime designs utilizing icons, typography, visual effects, colour, graphics, and layout
- Information Architect: He is concerned with comprehending the user personas, developing processes & designing wireframes along with prototypes, thereby determining the user flow of information, the way it is displayed, organised and consumed, basically deciding the manner in which user engages with information.
- Presentation of information on website or app
- How the information is organised
- The way information interacts & involves the user
- Usability Analyst: He is essential during the entire product lifecycle, since he is accountable for analysing existing problems and likely issues the end users may face while utilizing the product along with offering a solution. His recommendations continue to shape the product during its entire product lifecycle.
Register for masters in ui ux design for a career with great possibilities.