TurboTax is a software that helps users to benefit from the filing of annual tax returns and tax preparation. This program makes your work easy so that any user can file their taxes effortlessly and comfortably in their own comfort zone. This program has multiple versions for all the different types of taxpayers and it is filing taxes by using the online version or stand-alone versions. So, we are here to guide you by providing all the information about TurboTax and the download process by using the install TurboTax on windows 10, windows 11, and Windows 8.
Read this article till the end to know more or how to download and install the TurboTax com program on your desktop with or without the CD/DVD.
System Requirements for TurboTax
Here are the following system requirements for TurboTax 2020 download premier:-
- This software is best for the users of Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- RAM 2GB is essential.
- Monitor with resolutions 1024×768 or maybe higher.
- 1 Mbps modem for internet connection for the activation of the product, software update, and the optional online capabilities.
- A hard disk with a space of 1 GB for TurboTax and 4.5GB of disc space is required for Microsoft .Net framework.
- Windows inkjet or laser printer with administrative permission is required.
How to Download TurboTax
To download TurboTax on your desktop, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps correctly:-
- Initially, open the web browser and go to the official website of Turbotax.
- Search for the option to download TurboTax.
- Then, click on the download option and wait to complete the downloading process successfully.
- Now, save the downloaded file on a local disk so that you can access it easily.
- Lastly, double-click on the .exe file to install TurboTax com on your desktop.
Install TurboTax on Desktop
Below are the following steps that help you to install TurboTax on your desktop. Follow the below-mentioned steps correctly:
- Firstly, you have a strong internet connection.
- Now, go to installturbotax.com. When the page opens then you have to sign in to your account if you have or if you don’t have then click on Create an Account.
- Then, you will get the download option and click on it.
- When the download is done then move to the location where you save the downloaded file.
- After that, double-click on the TurboTax installer which has the file name or tax year.
- Then, click on the install button.
- Click on the Finish button when the installation process is complete.
- Now, you have to enter the installation key and choose Next.
- Lastly, select the activation method.
Install TurboTax on your Windows 10
Here are the following steps for you to install Turbotax com on your windows 10:-
- Initially, you have to close all the other running programs and disable the firewall and antivirus.
- After that, insert the TurboTax CD on your computer drive.
- Then, click on Run setup.exe
- If you already downloaded the copy of TurboTax online then click on the installer.
- Tap on the Next option.
- Now, you will see the End User License Agreement and click on “I Agree” if you accept all the terms and conditions.
- If you want to install the software in a different location then click on the Change and choose a different folder.
- Now, uncheck the “sure, count me in” option if you don’t want to send a performance report to Intuit.
- Lastly, you have to click on the Install button to complete the installation process and it will hardly take 5 minutes.
The installation process with CD
- Firstly, close all the background running programs on your system and disable the antivirus or firewall.
- Now, insert the CD on your computer drive and click on the options to start the setup.exe file.
- If you want the online copy of TurboTax then go to the install TurboTax com and click on it twice.
- After that a license prompt will appear on your screen then you have to click on the “I agree” button if you accept all the terms and conditions.
- When this process is done then, click on the installation folder and if you want to make a change then tap on the Change option.
- Lastly, select the install button and it will take 4-5 minutes to complete the process.
- Initially, make sure to close the background running programs and also the web browser.
- Then go to the web browser and in the search bar open install TurboTax com.
- Now, search for the download option and click on it.
- After that, you have to choose the version edition to download on your desktop. Then click on it and the installation process will start.
- When the installation process is done then instructions will appear on your screen and you have to follow all the steps correctly.
Install on your Window 8
All the below mentioned installation processes for the Windows 8 user:-
- First of all, go to the official website of TurboTax and download it.
- Then, move to the downloads option and click on it to open the installation windows.
- If you face any issue while installing the application then use the optical drive to start the installation process of TurboTax on window 8.
- Now, insert the drive into your system.
- After that, press and hold the Window+R button and open Run Windows.
- Go to the browser and open it then select the drive where the file is stored.
- Then, double click on the setup file, and the installation process will start on your system.
- Now, you have to wait to complete the installation process. Then enter the activation code.
- Lastly, click on the Continue button.
In this article, we discuss how to install TurboTax on your desktop. We hope that all the steps will be helpful for you to download and install this application. Follow all the steps according to your windows. If you want to know what turbotax error 42015 means you can visit there.