If you do not have carpeting in your living room, luxury area rugs are an absolute must-have. An area rug that is well-chosen can add color and life to any room, even if there are no other accent pieces. When it comes to decorating your living room, area rugs may seem like an afterthought, but choosing the right size and shape can make or break the overall look and feel of the space. Depending on the size of your living room, a standard rug may appear to be an appropriate choice. Calculate the dimensions of your living room before you start looking for a new carpet to fit the space; this is quite important. Apart from choosing the size and color, you must know how to place them in your house. Keep reading to learn the different ways of placing rugs in your home:
- If you want to get the most out of your purchase, placing a basic rug on top of a fancy larger rug can help you make it look stylish. A low-cost method of adding texture and warmth to your home is to put a carpet which looks aesthetically pleasing. If you’re looking for something a bit more unusual, you can always layer an animal-based rug on top of a more neutral rug, such as sheepskin or leather, to give your room a little more personality. The smaller rug should be placed precisely in the center of the larger rug. If the rug edges are too close to one another, there is the possibility of tripping over them.
- When it comes to selecting an area rug, the current furniture arrangement in your living room should be considered. Decorating your living room or family room can be accomplished in various methods. You can place your furniture over a rug, for example, in your coffee area. This can come out as one of the best settings in your house where you can read books and relax.
- Consider putting an area rug in the middle of a large living room and placing all of the essential furniture pieces, such as the couch and main table, as well as the armchairs and end tables, on top of it to create a more cohesive design. Leave an eight-inch space between the furniture and the carpet’s edges for the best possible results when moving furniture around.
- If you want to maximize the amount of walk-through space available between your sofa and chairs, make sure you only place the front legs over the rug. Apart from this, you can also set natural plants over a carpet that looks stunning.
- None of the areas in your house can look as beautiful with rugs, just like your dressing area can. If you have an open wardrobe, styling it with rugs can make it super classy. You will feel confident while clicking mirror pictures in your dressing room because rugs can create a massive difference in making the whole picture like a bomb.
- You can also use rugs in front of the bed so that you don’t feel cold when you step down. This is one of the best things to do in winter, and at the same time, it looks attractive.
In order to look less invasive to the spectator when entering a room, arranging a pattern underneath your seeing field can be beneficial. Additionally, carpets are a fantastic method to add designs to neutral regions while also providing your room a sense of character and personality. If you are looking for the best modern area rugs, you can find them on our website at the best prices.