Experiencing Wi-Fi issues with your Rockspace extender? We understand how hurt you are. If your Wi-Fi extender is not functioning as you want, there are several things you may try that don’t require any kind of technical expertise. You can finish the whole list quickly because each solution just takes a short while to complete.
Below, we’ve provided a list of solutions for Rockspace extender issues, right from rebooting the device to making you learn how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender. Let’s get going.
Here’s How to Fix Rockspace Extender Problems
Start with a Simple Reboot
At times technical glitches can make your Rockspace extender non-operational. Whether your device is running at a snail’s pace or getting disconnected frequently, this trick will get your extender back to track in a matter of minutes.
For rebooting the extender, all you need to do is:
- Unplug your Rockspace from its socket after disconnecting it from the host router.
- Let the device rest without power for some time.
- Reinstall the adapter to its socket and turn on the power button.
- Connect your device with the router and check if you can now enjoy lag-free internet on your connected devices or not.
Change WiFi Password
As soon as you are through with the Rockspace WiFi extender setup process, you are advised to change the login details of your device. This is needed to make your WiFi network safe from potential threats.
While changing the password of your Rockspace, there are certain checkpoints you need to keep in mind:
- Make the length of the password at least 8 characters long so that it cannot be guessed by hackers easily.
- Add special characters like #@$%^* to the password of your extender.
- You can also use digits and small/caps alphabets.
- Never use your personal details as a password. For instance, date of birth, flat number, etc.
Update Rockspace Firmware
Firmware updates are of great importance for the smooth working of WiFi devices. So, if you have not updated the firmware of your Rockspace for a long time now, then get this done right away.
You can update the firmware of the device by logging in to your Rockspace and then hitting the Firmware Update option. While getting the latest firmware for the extender, make sure you don’t run any background activities on your device.
Never Overburden Your Device
People often make the mistake of connecting a hoard of devices to the network of their extenders. If you have done the same and expect the device to perform at its best, then you are at fault.
You need to connect only those devices to the extender’s network that are in use. Also, make sure you turn off the power button of the extender when there is no need of using the internet on any of your connected devices.
Another reason why your Rockspace is acting up is due to its bad placement. Have a check on the following before giving your extender some space in your house:
- Keep the extender in the central area of your home.
- Place it in open rather than burying it in a cabinet or under a table.
- Keep your Rockspace extender within the range of your WiFi router.
- Distance between the extender and the router should neither be too close nor too far.
For the apt distance of your devices, check the Rockspace WiFi extender manual, if you are not able to locate them properly.
Keep WiFi Interference Away
If you want to make the most of your device, it is advised that you keep it away from things that could create signal interference. For instance,
- Place your Rockspace away from metal objects, aluminum studs, and thick concrete walls.
- Electronic appliances like Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, and walkie-talkies emit radio waves and lead to WiFi interference. Hence keep such appliances away from the extender.
- Closeness of fish tanks and reflexive surfaces could be another possible reason why your extender is not performing well. So, maintain a suitable distance of these devices from your extender.
Reset and Reconfigure
The last resort you are left with for fixing your extender’s issues is to reset it and then reconfigure it from scratch.
Doing so will delete all the customized settings from the programming of your extender and make it like new. For resetting the extender,
- Get access to the hardware of your extender and locate the Reset button on it.
- Press the same for some time and your device will get restored to its default mode.
Let’s now wind up our guide on fixing Rockspace WiFi extender issues and getting it back to normal. Let us know in the comments which trick worked the best when it comes to fixing your Rockspace extender’s issues.