Many users face a situation where the printer prints blank sheets. This device’s behavior confuses and sometimes panic if there is an urgent need to print a document, but the hardware refuses to operate normally. A malfunction of the canon printer printing blank pages can have several causes.
Before investigating the reasons for the canon printer printing blank page, print a test page without a PC. To do this, different models of devices have their methods: launch a special button that you need to hold for a certain time, a combination of buttons, select it in the service menu of the device, etc. It is necessary to follow the instructions on your printer or multifunction device and study its information.
So you figured out how to print a test page, started the process, and found that the sheet was not empty but contained some text. There is paint in the ink tanks, and the problem is not with the unit. The reason for this may be hidden in the poor interaction of the device with the PC or in the user’s confusion.
During the cleaning process, you may connect the USB cable connecting the PC to the printer and break the connector. It is necessary to insert and move the cable plug to ensure that it is fully inserted into the socket.
It is not recommended to use different extension cables, as electromagnetic interference may cause problems with the operation of the device. . Additionally, a good cable should have ferrite filters that attenuate interference.
If the cartridge is new or refilled at a specialized service center, a protective film will be stuck on it, which will protect it from drying out or leaking ink. If this film is not removed, the machine will not “see” the ink bottle, or the paint will not be able to flow onto the printhead (PG) or be sprayed from the PG nozzles themselves. The problem is solved by removing the sticker from the chips, nozzles (if located on the cartridge), or a hole in the ink well in which the SG pipe is inserted (if located on the carriage).
Bad choice of paper
It is necessary to check which paper size is the default in the printer settings. If the tray contains paper of a different size (different from that defined in the device settings), the device outputs blank sheets.
- go to the “Control Panel” PC;
- Devices and Printers
- select the device (if there are several in the system) that is not working properly and click on it with the right mouse button (right-click);
- choose in the menu “Print settings” or “Properties” or “Printer settings” (depending on the model of the machine and the operating system used);
- Print setting
- A window is open to select the default paper size corresponding to the printer tray’s.
- Without leaving the device properties menu, go to the “General” tab to test printing. You can print a test page by clicking on “Print a test page.”
Often white sheets come out when the document is poorly executed in a text or graphics editor (there may be blank pages). A window will open to see all the pages prepared for printing. If empty pages are found, delete them.
Print file corruption
When you send a document to be printed, the system creates a special file containing information about the queue. Sometimes, this file gets damaged due to software failures, and the unit’s proper functioning can be disturbed. how to reset a canon printer, Therefore, you should first try to clear the queue:
- Go to “Control Panel” → “Devices and Printers.”
- Right-click on the required machine.
- Select the line “ View Print Queue
.” A window will open where you need to delete all rows.
In most cases, the queue can be cleared. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to stop the Print Spooler service:
- right-click on the “My Computer” icon, for example, in Explorer;
- select “Management”;
- find “Services and applications” on the left and double-click on it with the left mouse button (LMB);
- select “Services” and in the right part of the window find “Print Spooler”;
- after right-clicking on this line, the menu will appear, where select “Stop”;
- Print spooler
- You must then enter “C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS” (without quotes) in the explorer address bar and delete all files in the found folder.
- Go back to “Services,” and select “Print Manager,” click on “Start.”
Thus, all errors associated with the queue will be eliminated.