Yoga heals the soul!
Proper energy and stamina are required to maintain the balance between physical and mental health, which can be attained by doing yoga regularly. Flexibility in mind and body gives peace to the soul. So, it is important to maintain energy and stamina to lead a happy life. Here is a few effective yoga to increase stamina and energy.
Boat pose or Navasana
- Sit down with your knees bent and hold your lower leg.
- Now, inhale as you lift your chest and lean back, tightening your back muscles.
- Slowly, lift your feet and open up your knees.
- Stretch your arms in the front.
- Stay for 5-7 breaths.
- This tightens the muscles engaged and improves digestion.
Upward- Facing Dog Pose or Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
- Lie down facing the floor with elbows bent and hands placed near your chest perpendicular to the floor. Pull back your shoulders together.
- Press your palms against the floor and lift your body, opening up your chest and lungs.
- Place your legs firmly on the floor.
- Continue lifting your chest, belly, and thighs.
- Stay in this position for 10-12 breaths.
This yoga strengthens your arm muscles.
Camel Pose or Ustrasana
- Stand erect on your knees with feet together.
- Slowly lean back until you reach your right heel with your right hand and left heel with your left hand.
- Bend your neck and back, creating an arch pushing your hip in the forward direction.
- Stay in this position as long as you can.
- You can now feel muscles stretching in the neck, back, and pelvic region.
This benefits blood circulation as well as reduces respiratory problems.
Bow Pose or Dhanurasana
- Lie down on your belly with your feet separated. Place your hands close to your side of the body.
- Now, fold your knees with a knee cap touching the floor. Stretch your hands towards your back and hold your ankles.
- Slightly lift your legs and stretch them out. Inhale as you lift your chest and belly off the floor.
- Your arms should be parallel to the floor, and your upper part of the body parallel to the lower leg.
This position stretches your chest, belly, spine, arms, and leg muscles.
It helps in better blood circulation and resolving respiratory problems.
Fish Pose or Matsyasana
- Lie down on the floor with your knees bent. Now, slightly lift your pelvic region and slip your hands, palms facing the floor under your buttocks.
- Then, rest your buttocks on the upper side of your hands. Next, stretch your legs, press your palms against the floor, and lift your chest.
- Make an arch with your head bent and touching the floor.
- This position will make you feel stretches in the back of your neck, throat, chest, belly, and lower back.
This position helps in stretching hip muscles and ribs.
Practice this yoga for instant energy.
All these five poses help in stretching different parts of the body. This will make your body and mind flexible, increasing energy and stamina.