Being a woman has its many advantages. You have a variety of designs to choose from, colours, textures, materials, types, etc. all are more varied than men. Similarly, for sleepwear, women have variety of designs to choose from. Given below are a few types of sleepwear for women.
– Nighties again are of two types – long and short. Long nighties or maxis as they are commonly known are ankle length. Materials vary from satin, silk, lace, to cotton and hosiery as well. The short nighties are till mid thigh length and are usually of silky smooth materials like satin and silk with hits of lace.
• Night suits
– These comprise of a shirt with pyjamas or shorts. The shirts can be t-shirts or the button down variety. The pyjamas can be loose or be fitted like track pants, the shorts could be like Bermudas or micro mini type. Materials of night suits can be flannel, cotton or satin with lace trimmings.
– A camisole is like a short slip worn with panties or knickers. It could even be worn with boy shorts. Usually it’s of cotton, but cold be of silk as well. The straps are thin and can have a little lace detailing on the neck.
• Baby doll
– Short flimsy sheer or lacy top with spaghetti straps, it leaves nothing to the imagination and is paired with a sexy pair of panties.
– A short, form fitting type of nighty, it could be sheer and sexy or made of a comfortable fabric like cotton or hosiery.
– As the name suggests, it’s a loose fitting shirt, but pretty long, till about thigh length. They come in cotton and hosiery.
– It resembles a one-piece swimming costume but it’s a more risque and seductive version.
These are just a few types of sleepwear that women to choose to indulge in. Usually, women prefer soft, comfortable and loose stuff they can wear to sleep. With sleepwear comfort is a big factor. But also, the sex factor, sleepwear women have a collection of sleepwear that is comfortable and practical, but also a selection of sexy and oomph inducing sleepwear, designed to drive their partners insane. Some women prefer to sleep and indulge in sexy sleepwear not because they want to entice their partners but because they wish to feel sexy and at the same time comfortable.
Sexy sleepwear can be found in every woman’s closet, whether she is in a relationship or no. Sexy sleepwear helps lighten a woman’s mood and strangely comforts them as well. It instills confidence in them and boosts their self esteem.
There are several types of women’s sleep wear and each has specific features that will cater into the different preferences, styles, and needs of every women. Take enough time in educating yourself with various styles and get inspiration from its different looks and appeal so that you can create your own fashion statement.
– A night wear which is really intended for women is a baby doll, popularly known as negligee or short nightgown. The garment is usually trimmed with ruffles, lace, appliqués, ribbons, bows, and Marabou fur which can be designed optionally with spaghetti straps. The materials used are either translucent fabrics (silk, chiffon, or nylon) or sheer. A baby doll is considered a provocative dress resembling minidresses which have six inches hemline above the knees and hollow designs on the necks.
– The most popular loosely designed night apparel for women is a nightgown or nightie which is made of materials such as nylon, satin, silk, and cotton. Its length may vary. It can either be a hip-length or a floor length nightgown. However the usual length is knee length. A nightgown can be decorated with embroidery and lace appliqués on the hemlines and cups.
– The women’s sleep wear which is only intended for bedroom and night use is the negligee. It was introduced during the eighteenth century in France where it copied the designs of the day dresses of women that time. However, the alteration of its designs with lace trimming, bows, and translucent bodices lead in considering it as lingerie. The modern designs revealed fabrics sewn in multiple layers giving a more fine emphasis on women’s bed-capes and bed jackets.
– The simple garment worn by women next to their skin to protect their clothes from body oils and sweat is called chemise, shift or smock.
– Lingerie is a women’s sleepwear which is now considered as undergarments.
– The special type of shirt which can be used for sleeping is called a nightshirt. This is a bedtime garment patterned in the undergarments of Europeans during the nineteenth century.
– The type of a long nightgown that is usually chiffon made with a sheer design is referred to as peignoir. It is worn without underwear however it is usually sold with panties attached to it.
Today, women’s sleepwear continuously dominates the fashion preferences of most women. Some women wear it on public to express their idea that these comfortable sleep dresses could be elevated for legal public use. There are sleepwear women , who also experimented in using it together with their denim shirts, jeans, sweaters, and blazers.
The versatility of sleepwear truly opens the creative horizons of women. Sleepwear is not anymore for indoor or bedroom use only. It can be a beautiful outer wear which can be worn with or without accompaniments. Women will really feel sexy, cute, and comfortable besides fashion is also a matter of confidence for them.