When it comes to booking a flight, cost considerations extend beyond just the ticket price. Baggage fees can quickly add up, turning a seemingly cheap Allegiant flights into a much more expensive affair. If you want to fly with Allegiant Airlines, you should be aware of their baggage policy and how much you may be charged for bringing your items. In this post, we’ll go over Allegiant Airlines baggage fees and policies in detail, ensuring you have all the information you need for a hassle-free flight. For detailed information, please call +1-585-935-7101.
Understanding Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines, often known as Allegiant Air, is a popular choice for passengers looking for low-cost flights to destinations across the United States. The airline operates a fleet of modern, fuel-efficient aircraft and focuses on low base fares while allowing passengers to customize their travel experience with various add-ons.
Allegiant Air Baggage Policy
Allegiant Airlines has a straightforward baggage policy that can help you save money if you plan ahead of time. Let us examine the key elements of their policy:
- Allegiant Air enables each customer to carry one personal item for free. This item should fit under the seat in front of you and can be anything from a handbag to a small backpack to a laptop bag. The personal item’s size should not exceed 7 x 15 x 16 inches (17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 cm).
- An extra cost will be charged for a bigger carry-on bag. Allegiant Air charges costs for checked baggage, which vary according to the route, travel date, and whether you pay for the bag when you book or at the airport.
- The size limit for carry-on bags on Allegiant is 9 x 14 x 22 inches (22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm).
- Allegiant Air also charges fees for checked luggage. These prices can also differ depending on the route, travel date, and whether you pay for the bag when you book or at the airport.
- Allegiant’s standard checked baggage weight limit is 40 pounds (18.1 kilos) per bag. You will be charged extra fees if your bag exceeds this weight restriction.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Fees
Allegiant Airlines had a baggage fee policy that travelers should be aware of when making travel plans. This approach was designed to accommodate passengers while also increasing income for the airline.
- Personal Item: As mentioned earlier, one personal item is allowed for free.
- Carry-On Bag: Fees for carry-on bags vary based on when and how they are purchased. Booking your carry-on baggage is usually less expensive than purchasing it at the airport. Prices per flight segment might range from $10 to $75.
- Checked Baggage: Allegiant Airlines has a variety of checked baggage choices. Prices for checked luggage vary depending on when and how they are purchased. The first checked bag may cost $20 to $75 per flight segment, while the second checked bag may cost $25 to $75 per flight segment.
- Sports Equipment: If you want to travel with sports equipment such as golf clubs or skis, Allegiant charges additional costs. They should be booked in advance to ensure that they are accommodated on your flight.
- Overweight and Oversized luggage: Allegiant charges extra for luggage that exceeds the weight and size regulations.
- Medical Equipment: Passengers who require medical equipment should contact Allegiant in advance to make the required preparations.
- Children and Infant Items: Strollers and car seats for children and infants are free to check. Diaper bags are allowed on board without counting as a personal item.
- Military members: Allegiant provides special considerations for active-duty United States military members, such as free services such as bag checks for up to three bags.
Tips for Saving on Baggage Fees with Allegiant Airlines
- Pack Light: The most cost-effective way to save money on baggage fees is to pack light. Bring only what you truly need for your trip.
- Add Bags During Booking: To ensure the lowest prices, add your baggage during the original booking procedure whenever possible.
- Join the Allegiant World Mastercard Program: If you frequently fly Allegiant, consider the Allegiant World Mastercard, which includes privileges such as priority boarding and a free companion ticket each year.
- Check for Promotions: Allegiant runs specials or bundles that include baggage on occasion. When planning your flight, keep an eye out for these deals.
ConclusionWhile Allegiant Airlines may provide low-cost flights, it’s critical to understand baggage restrictions and taxes to avoid unexpected costs during your trip. Understanding their policies, making informed decisions about your baggage, and preparing ahead will help you make the most of your low-cost Allegiant experience. For the latest information on Allegiant Airlines baggage fees and policies, call +1-585-935-7101. Happy travels with Allegiant!