As a defence attorney for criminal cases, Jeffrey J. Gindin, Q.C. has been active in the legal profession since 1971. He has made appearances in a number of courts throughout Canada, including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Provincial Courts of Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and British Columbia, and the Provincial Courts of British Columbia. Mr. Gindin has been given the chance to represent clients who were involved in high-profile, difficult, and potentially precedent-setting litigation. He is a speaker who is in great demand for a wide range of events and groups, including the Law Society of Manitoba, police grads, and the University of Manitoba Law School.
Mr. Gindin is widely recognised as one of the most accomplished criminal defence attorneys in the state of Manitoba. He has also represented clients in other provinces and territories throughout Canada. In addition to defending clients who are facing criminal accusations, Mr. Gindin is an adjunct professor at the University of Manitoba Law School, where he teaches courses on criminal law. Since 1978, he has been instructing those who are studying law.
Jeffrey Gindin criminal lawyer winnipeg, a qualified attorney, has devoted his whole career to the only profession of criminal defence and criminal law. In addition to his work as a practising attorney, he was a founding member of one of the most successful criminal law companies in Manitoba, which had its beginnings in 1995. Gindin Segal Law is a prominent legal practise in Winnipeg, Manitoba, that focuses on immigration and criminal law. It was recently established by him.
In order to offer compassionate legal counsel for each and every one of his clients, Mr. Gindin makes use of the skill, knowledge, and understanding of criminal law that he has gained over the course of his career. He is sensitive to the anxiety that his clients may have when they are suspected of committing a crime.
Mr. Gindin has made significant contributions to the administration of criminal justice, the study of criminal law, and the development of criminal law during the course of his career. Jeffrey J. Gindin, Q.C. travels often to all of the courts in the province of Manitoba, in addition to those in the provinces of Ontario and Saskatchewan. He has appeared at every level of court in Canada, including the highest court in the land, the Supreme Court. His goal is to put his substantial legal knowledge and skills to use for the benefit of his clients while maintaining a singular focus on serving their needs.
Mr. Gindin devotes his whole professional career to the study and practise of criminal law. Please contact Mr. Gindin as soon as possible if you have been accused of committing a crime.
KEY MOMENTS IN THE CAREER
- Has received the honour of being named one of the Best Lawyers in Canada for Criminal Law for the last 16 years. (www.bestlawyers.com)
- Mr. Jeffrey J. Gindin, Q.C. was presented with an award of distinction by the Criminal Defense Lawyers Association on November 30, 2017, in recognition of his 46 years of outstanding performance as a criminal defence attorney in the province of Manitoba.
- Sessional Lecturer (Advocacy; Clinical Criminal Law; Criminal Procedure; and Charter Issues in Criminal Law) at The University of Manitoba Law School since 1978. Awarded the honorary title of Queen’s Council (Q.C.) in 2019 for demonstrating outstanding practise, integrity, leadership, and contributions to excellence in the profession.
- At the University of Manitoba Law School, she is now teaching a class on how to avoid getting people wrongfully convicted.
- Counsel to Parties, “Expansion of Police Powers in the Wake of September 11th,” Phoenix Sinclair Commission of Inquiry Speaker, The Association of Lawyers in Manitoba
- “Ethical Challenges Facing Criminal Defense Attorneys,” Speaker at the Annual Convention of the Law Society of Manitoba Speaker at the Convention on “The Techniques of Persuasion,” Annual Presenter from the Department of Psychology at the University of Manitoba, entitled “Role of the Defense,” Winnipeg Police Academy
HISTORY OF THE CAREER
2021- Present | Founding Partner Gindin Segal 1995–2021 | Founding partner, Gindin Wolson Simmonds Roitenberg 1990–1995 | Senior Partner, Gindin Smith Pearlman
Between the years 1978 and 1990, he was a Senior Partner at Gindin Soronow and Company. Between 1974 and 1978, he was a Partner at Walsh Micay and Company. Between 1971 and 1974, he worked there as an Associate.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
1970: University of Manitoba, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Honor Roll of the Dean’s Office
The Prize in Constitutional Law
1967 University of Manitoba graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree
Attorneys for Criminal Defense in Canada’s National Council (Former Executive Member)
The Association of Defence Lawyers in Manitoba (Former President, Vice-President, Executive Member)
Fellow of the International Society of Barristers Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America Fellow of the Bar Association of the United States
OUTSIDE THE LAW
Regularly going to the gym is one of Jeffrey’s favourite things to do in his free time when he’s not counselling clients or instructing pupils. He is a devoted fan of athletic competition and participates in the Baseball League of the Manitoba Bar Association. He also enjoys travelling and reading when he has the leisure to do so.