Over six lakh candidates take IBPS PO (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officers) — one of the most competitive banking exams in the nation. Given the exam’s high level of competition, it is essential to start studying six months in advance. This way, candidates will have plenty of time to review and revise the material thoroughly. See the advice for IBPS PO 2022 preparation listed below.
IBPS PO exam success does not necessitate a long period of study. If one uses the proper technique and approach, they can pass the test after six months of study. Nevertheless, you must put in a lot of effort to pass the exam.
This article has advice and strategy for studying for the IBPS PO test in six months.
Exam pattern and scoring system for IBPS PO 2022
Preliminary, mains, and interview portions of the IBPS PO test are separate. Below is a description of each stage. The exam pattern will be based on the IBPS PO syllabus.
There are three sections to the preliminary exam: English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude. The test carries 100 possible points in total. The exam has a 60-minute time limit.
Exam for the mains includes descriptive and objective portions. The objective test is divided into four sections: Data Analysis & Interpretation, English Language, General/Economic/Banking Awareness, and Reasoning & Computer Aptitude. There are questions from the English Language descriptive part (Letter Writing and Essay). The test lasts for three hours and 30 minutes. The total marks for the mains exam are 225.
The interview carries 100 points. For candidates from SC/ST/OBC/PWBD groups, the minimum qualifying marks for the interview are 40% and 35%. In the objective tests for IBPS PO 2022, there is a penalty for incorrectly marked answers. The penalty for an incorrect answer is a subtraction of 0.25 marks. Unanswered questions do not result in a loss of points.
IBPS PO syllabus preparation in six months
- Make first- and second-month plans
- Make a list of the crucial subjects, organised by section, from which exam questions are frequently taken.
- Start with the subjects you find the most challenging.
- Consult school texts to understand the foundational ideas.
- To learn the IBPS PO syllabus topics, consult the IBPS PO books and online courses.
- Learn the formulas and commit them to memory within the first two months.
- Give each section an hour every day.
- Schedule the third and fourth months.
- After finishing the course and comprehending the ideas, you should concentrate on your preparation.
- Start answering questions from the sample or practise papers topic by topic.
- Concentrate on learning problem-solving shortcuts.
- Spend an hour on practice questions.
- Schedule the fifth and sixth months.
- Start taking practise exams in the last two months before the IBPS PO exam date to become familiar with the features of an online test.
- By practising mock exams, you can find your weak points and improve.
- You must review each subject in preparation for the exam.
- Attempt to solve one mock paper every day.
Candidates should routinely prepare for the exam because being consistent is essential for preparation. Finish the course and comprehend the principles and concepts in the first two months of preparation. Spend two months learning shortcuts for lengthy problems and practising topics section-by-section using a study guide. Start taking full-length and section-by-section practice exams in the past two months. Concentrate more on reviewing concepts and subjects 15 days before the exam. Make sure you are working on the strategies we have shared here and have a plan for a study schedule. Following a study plan works far better than randomly revising.