The year-round sunshine over the United Arab Emirates may be a blessing for those looking to tan, but the extreme heat could be harmful to your car’s exterior and interior conditions. Unforgiving summer temperatures can put a strain on a vehicle’s exterior, and the wet, salty sea wind is a stimulant for rusting. The solution to all these weather woes seems to be a garage, but since most people in the United Arab Emirates live in apartments such as apartments for sale in Business Bay, few car owners can afford the luxury of a dedicated garage. But before you conclude that maintaining your automobile in the UAE’s climate is a lost cause, take into account these practical advice to keep it looking great every day.
If you are living in one of the apartments for sale in Downtown Dubai and you don’t have a garage, your car is at risk of being damaged by the elements. Here are some tips to help you protect your car:
1. Park in a covered or sheltered area. During the summer, the interior and exterior paint of parked cars in the UAE can reach temperatures well beyond 55°C, creating exceptionally difficult circumstances for both. Finding a shaded area to park your automobile is the greatest method to stay away from a simmering cabin. There are several shaded sections accessible in most parking lots because of the high-rise buildings around the UAE, yet the same spaces are widely sought-after. If you commute by car, consider parking in a shaded area later in the day. By doing this, you’ll not only provide your car several hours in the shade but also prevent the inside and steering wheel from being too hot by the time you arrive.
2. If possible, park your car on a concrete or asphalt surface rather than gravel or grass.
3. Use a car cover to protect your car from the sun, wind, and rain. Investing in a quality vehicle cover is one of the simplest methods to protect the body of your car from unneeded scratches and dings and to extend the life of the exterior paint.
Look for a car cover material that is both dust and water resistant because those that are not will cause more trouble than they solve because they will cause water and dust droplets to land on the surface of the car and leave difficult-to-remove stains. Every time you try to put the cover on or off, it will only take you a minute of your time, but this small effort will extend the lifespan of the outside surface of your automobile by years.
4. Inspect your car regularly for signs of rust or other damage caused by the elements.
5. Wash and wax your car regularly to protect the paint from the elements. Regular car cleaning and surface sealing with high-quality wax can extend the lifespan of your car’s paint by forming a barrier that wards off dirt, moisture, and UV rays. Remember to rinse off any dirt and debris that have accumulated in crevices and tight spaces after washing because clogged dirt will trap moisture and eventually cause metal to corrode. A clean cloth should be used to carefully wipe away any surplus water after washing the car, as air drying the vehicle may leave lasting water stains on the metal and glass surfaces, causing the vehicle to lose sheen and making you regret your hurry.
By following these tips, you can help keep your car in good condition and avoid costly repairs down the road.